Burwell Independent Oil Co.
747 G Street on the East side of the Square
In 1917, the Burwell Butter Factory Corporation was formed. In addition to their other holdings, the Butter Factory Corporation purchased a gas filling station where Town and Country Insurance now stands on the corner on the square and south eighth street. This was the original Burwell Independent Oil. In 1962, the Butter Factory Corporation built the new gas station in it's present location at 747 G street. Burwell Independent Oil is still owned by the parent corporation, Burwell Butter Factory.
The business philosophy of Burwell Independent Oil is "do our best for our customers" and besides retail gas pumps, the business does service work, minor repairs, exhaust and tire repair, and farm delivery. Burwell Independent Oil sells all types of tires and has a bulk oil business, United Oil. The business has recently added transmission flush to it's list of services for their customers. In the near future, Burwell Independent Oil will be adding a third service bay to the existing shop area.
Burwell Independent Oil carries the Conoco Brand name. The company began
their affiliation with Conoco in 1985.
For More Information